Educational services company working with many different school districts
Design and implement effective standards-based assessments that improve teaching and learning
Modules Worked On
- Service Catalog
- Customer Service
Educational Services Company
An educational services company that is a not-for-profit organization and is a pioneer in authentic, standards-based assessments. They connect the K–12 educational community and serve their clients, schools and school districts, with innovative and flexible assessment solutions.
Customer Support is a critical function for the client, as it acts as leverage to differentiate its services from competitors.
Each customer was assigned a specific email account and toll-free number to contact for support. On taking a support request, the service desk representative, manually logged the request into a ticketing tool and attempted to resolve the issue. If not, the issue was escalated to L2 support. All this was done manually and was a time consuming process. Quite often these cases ended up in the wrong queue, needing manual intervention again, to re-route them to the correct group. The bigger problems were with cases left unattended in the email inbox.
Offering unique and tailored solutions to each of their customers meant having different SLAs, governed by their respective contracts, for every individual customer.
In addition, the client found it challenging to maintain a standard customer support experience, satisfaction levels and compliance to SOP during the examination seasons. As engagement levels peak they needed more contract support staff to manage the seasonal demand.
Reporting was another major pain point for the client. They did not have a process to capture the required metrics nor the capability in their existing ticketing tool to draw weekly reports for their customers around their support cases and status. The reports they did manage to pull often ended up with inaccurate, inconsistent data and were unable to fulfil basic service requests for advanced reporting.
Abhra analysed and understood the pain points and the challenges that the client had with their Customer Support division. And started with re-engineering their existing customer support process and recommended utilizing ServiceNow® as a platform for implementing and following the defined process.
- The recommended solution included setting up a self-service portal, for the user to come and log the issue. Deflect the case by prompting the user with relevant self-help knowledge articles and known error database record.
- Configuring and setting up their different email accounts in ServiceNow® for creating cases through inbound email actions, which automatically creates a case when a customer sends a mail to their designated email account.
- Automatic case routing through assignment rules, to route a ticket to the concerned assignment group based on multiple business rules, including but not limited to the incoming mail id, category of the case, and the priority.
- Configure the dashboards and corresponding reports for different user roles.
- Integrate customer service management application/process with the ITIL based ITSM processes of Incident, Problem & Change Management applications on ServiceNow® for a consolidated, request to resolution management of a customer’s issue.
To facilitate one particular client requirement, we integrated the ServiceNow® Instance of the client with the ServiceNow® Instance of their partner organization to provide a seamless transition of cases between two organizations providing multi-level support to their mutual client.