Dev-ops (software DEVelopment and information technology OPerationS) is a term used to refer to a set of practices that emphasize the collaboration and communication of both software developers and information technology ( IT ) professionals while automating the process of software delivery and infrastructure changes.
DevOps practice has recently become more widespread, as more organizations are realizing its benefits, from reducing costs to increasing operational efficiency. Migrating your application development to the Cloud with DevOps practices can yield a tremendous positive impact on your business, including:
- Significant shorter time to market
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Better product quality
- Increased ability to build the right product
- Reduced costs
- Increased operational efficiency
- Flexibility and scalability
- Increased security
- Backup & Restore
- Disaster Recovery
- Secure Infrastructure
- OS and Application Monitoring
- Reduced risk
- Freeing up IT resources to focus on strategic projects
Cost reduction, better quality product, rapid and reliable delivery is a big selling point for DevOps practices. However, the greater the cost reduction, the higher the chances that something else is being sacrificed, such as service quality or risk level.
Customers trust abhra because we’re able to put in DevOps practice at establishing a culture and environment where building, testing and releasing software can happen rapidly, frequently and more reliably at a lower cost, combined with reduced risk and without sacrificing any of your security concerns.
Our DevOps team has developed a set of automated processes that are typically performed manually, including processes for monitoring, penetration detection and prevention, backup and restore, as well as disaster recovery.
Streamlining these traditionally manual system administration functions means minimizing human error and increasing process reliability and repeatability. In addition, malicious behaviour can also be detected before they happen instead of after, helping to greatly reduce your exposure to risk.
Abhra’s DevOps offers a complete solution on the trusted AWS platform, including:
- Code – Code versioning using Git, SVN.
- Tracker – Requirement, process and bug tracking through Jira, Rally, Web2Project, BugZilla.
- Integration – Jenkins
- Build – Maven, Apache Ant
- Security – Intrusion detection and prevention, multi-factor authentication, and routine security audits
- Monitoring – Active OS and application monitoring through Zabbix or Nagios
- Support – Zendesk web support portal with SLA support options for SEV 1-3
- Disaster Recovery – Option available with 8 hour Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and 48 hour Recovery Point Objective (RPO)
- Security Breach Process –Verify, Scope, Escalate and Notify process ensures complete transparency and communication with the customer in case of security breach